viernes, 30 de agosto de 2019

The best holidays ever?

In February 2012 I went with my dad and my cousin to see my brother who lives in Coquimbo. We stayed two weeks in my brother's house, so we came back home when summer break ended. That time whe visited Mamalluca, an observatory placed in Vicuña. It was the most beautiful experience I have ever had.

The thour guides showed us the star positions and constellations, and we used a telescope to saw the moon, the planets Mars and Saturn. The sky was so clean and the stars so shiny, that I still remember that beautiful view. We didn't even need the telescope to saw the Milky Way above of us. I felt so little beneath the bastness of the star-filled sky. It was so cold there because of the altitude, but I felt so warm because of the experience. My cousin and I were amazed.

I don't remember much about that holiday to be honest, but that tour was the best thing about my vacations that year. It remembers me that out there existis so much wonderful things that I didn't even know existed.

5 comentarios:

  1. the place sounds very beautiful, you want to meet him someday!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I was in Mamalluca too when I was a kid, a stuning experience to see the sky. Great memories.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I never visited Mamalluca,but it sounds like a really nice place, specifically the observatory.I wish I could go one day.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I never had interest in things related to the space, but with your descriptions and photos it sounds quite exciting.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I have been in Coquimbo the last year, but I didn't visit Mamalluca but I stayed in Vicuña, in the night is incredible!!

    ResponderEliminar